McCarty Construction Process
How the work gets done.
Our process is simple and straightforward. There are two phases to every building project: the thinking-and-planning phase (preconstruction), and the actual building phase (construction). Our commitment to communication and attention to detail throughout ensure a smooth and successful experience.
Following your initial inquiry, we:
• Meet with you at your home or property to learn about your project
• Create a plan for your project
• Share our plan recommendations and thoroughly explain them to you
• Rough out a schedule and budget based on the scope and complexity of the project
• Draw up a contract and discuss expectations
On larger projects, we can assist with tasks such as site prep, architecture and design development at your discretion; we are happy to manage these processes as needed.
Process steps vary widely depending on scope, but you can be assured that we will:
• Schedule frequent communication check-ins to ensure that your expectations are being met
• Offer our expertise and guidance in making product and material selections
• Talk through any questions that arise to ensure your confidence in decision-making
• Work diligently to keep to schedules and budgets
A note about ethics
Many people have had less than great experiences with service providers at one time or another—us included. Very simply, we treat our clients the way we would like to be treated.
Under no circumstances will we:
• Leave you hanging or make you wait for return phone calls
• Add to the budget without your express written consent
• Abandon your project to work on other “more pressing” projects (the only time we would break from a project for any length of time would be in the case of an unforeseeable delay over which we have no control—for example, materials delivery is held up by the manufacturer)
We are not a ‘volume’ shop; rather we are a custom builder that takes pride in each and every project.
Our goals are two:
• To do our best work
• To ensure that you are happy with the outcome
If you have a project or idea you’d like to discuss, call or email at your convenience.